Tuesday, January 03, 2006

So I don’t really update anymore. I’m sorry about that. Here are some things I ate last week while I was on vacation in my house:

Salmon w/ butter sauce
Hamburgers w/ extra lean beef
Turkeyburgers
French mix of beans with wax beans, green beans, carrots
Broccoli
Greens+ powder (this is sort of like a vegetable when I am feeling lazy)
Fish oil
A ton of mixed nuts. Too many, really. (Did you know that hazelnuts are sometimes called “philberts”? Now you do!)
Omega-3 Eggs w/ pesto, sour cream and salsa. This may not sound that appetizing, but really it’s good. Don’t judge me.
Really this was about it. Not too much variety

Oh, lots of holiday stuff, too. Xmas cookies are brutal. They just sit there all helpless and waiting for you and before you know it there are crumbs all over you and you snap out of it, dazed and greasy.


Ate at a few restaurants:

Massaman curry again at Spice and Rice in Inman Sq. I was really torn on this one. I’ve eaten at Spice and Rice before, and I had the massaman curry, so I felt like you know I should really try something else and test out their menu, but then I was like that massaman curry was so stupidly good that if I get something else and it is not as good then I will be disappointed and sad and angry at myself for not getting the massaman curry in the first place. So I just got what I had before. This is the reasoning that leads people to order the same foods over and over again until they are just scared to order anything else. I felt this was about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when I was young. I knew I liked peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, so why would I risk eating something else that I didn’t know about when I knew what I liked already? Generally this kind of reasoning does not produce a very interesting life for whoever lives by it, however, so I have tried to stay away from it. In the case of Spice and Rice, however, I was in a particularly fragile mental state for some reason and needed some kind of comfort food. Massaman curry was my port in the storm.

Texas chili at Redbones in Davis. This was a good bowl of chili with several large chunks of quality beef in it. I didn’t get the sense that they were just the scraps that they couldn’t serve without drowning them in a meaty broth; this was decent beef. Good and covered with cheese. It did cost like $7, however, which is a lot to pay for chili, so this is not like a great value or anything. Tasty, but you pay for it. It was ably washed down by a Bud Light.

Huh. Seemed like I ate out more last week. Oh well.

Today Morning:
-coffee (that's it. kind of in a hurry.)

Lunch:
-spinach salad w/ broccoli, tomatos, mushrooms, egg, turkey, tuna, feta, craisins, pineapple, and bacon with “oriental” dressing. This is the awesome salad that I eat at work every day. Sometimes it has green pepper in it.
-fish oil
-water. I drink upwards of 160 oz of water every day. That is just at work. It is really dry there.

Dinner:
I have no idea. If I know my patterns, probably some fish and vegetables. You never know when some spinach souffle might pop up, though. I'm feelin' a little frisky today.

5 Comments:

Blogger jesse said...

I was coyly eyeing your texas chili in the hopes that my coquettery would earn a "have yourself a heaping helping, mr. hirsch." alas, I was not playing my A-Game.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was coyly eyeing the blog hoping my name would be mentioned in one more public place since i also was near the chili (but i didn't want it). also remember the super-fast italian meal...?
jesse it is wicked gross when you are coy with food.
also: eat crap evil one who i also saw that night!!!!!

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

greens+powder?

2:05 PM  
Blogger Griff said...

jesse: way too subtle, i guess. weren't you eating like a fried fish sandwich anyway?

beth: i will mention your name sometime. we will have to have to eat together more.

beth: greens+ powder is this stuff that is basically a vegetable but in powder form so you can mix it with water and drink it. this is so i can eat more vegetables.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

would you also like to be my knight in shining armor? we could do it all. for the glory of love.

my objection mainly being that the song was not meant.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home