Sunday, January 22, 2006

I've been working on a few projects recently that have turned out ok. Projects #1 is the mock mashed potatoes. Bascially you steam a head of cauliflower for about 15 and then mash it up in a food processor with a tbsp of butter and some garlic. It's a pretty convincing subsititute. Unfortunately in my zeal I put in enough garlic to bring tears to my eyes. I ate this yesterday and I can still taste the garlic. There are a lot of people out there who are all, "You can never have enough garlic!" I used too much garlic. I promise.

The other project is trying to eat more cabbage. Cabbage is good for you, and I eat a lot of vegetables, so I'm kind of looking for new vegetables and new ways to eat them. I bought a head of cabbage (which weighs about 3-5 pounds, it's pretty heavy), chopped it, and stir fried it with carrots, onion, garlic, and a peanut sauce I made out of omega-3 peanut butter and soy sauce. It's not bad, although I can imagine other people not loving this.

1 Comments:

Blogger cabezuca said...

just passing by.. that's a funny story :)

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home