Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Hey! I am back!

So I was on vacation on a lovely island off the coast of New England where they really did have pretty decent food. I mean, for an island that has to ship all of its supplies in by boat daily. Not a ton of fresh vegetables, but honestly I can't complain because I just ate a tremndous amount of food. Some things I ate:

Mornings:
Lots of oatmeal
maypo (I am still unsure of what this is exactly.)
cheesy eggs
grapefruit (grapefruit is another experience where I never really liked grapefruit before, but here I just forced myself to ignore the sourness and wound up liking it. My force of will only grows stronger.)

Lunches:
tomato soup w/grilled cheese
various salads, often including walnuts
deli meats
other soups that weren't that great
lots of pears

Dinners:
steak (!) with like a roquefort sauce. memorable.
occasional broccoli. lots of salads and al dente root vegetables
chicken breasts, pork, turkey. various meats. suprisingly little fish for a place surrounded on all sides by water. there was salmon once but it was probably from a farm in Japan.
a tasty bean and plaintain vegetable dish that I had instead of sheperd's pie because I am not a fan of meaty pies
dessert was served at nearly every meal, but I only went for the good ones, like a mini key lime pie thing.

Yesterday Morning:
-oatmeal w/ protein stuff
-apple

Lunch:
-spinach salad w/ tomato, egg, onion, bacon, honey dijon
-fish oil

Dinner:
-yogurt and oat bran with fresh fruit
-grilled mahi mahi w/ crushed almonds and soy ginger marinade
-1 can Pabst Blue Ribbon

Today Morning:
-huevos rancheros
-apple

Lunch:
-chicken parmesean sandwich
-carrots w/ peanut butter
-fish oil
-green tea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home